Masala Chickpea Stuffed Baked Potatoes
We are having a rebirth of the good old baked potato at home. There is nothing quite like a crispy-baked spud and it’s so simple to make. In this recipe, I am turning it into the base of the meal with a lightly spiced chickpea curry. The vegetables and chickpeas are a delight on their own or serve with some mini poppadums.
BMASALA CHICKPEA STUFFED BAKED POTATOES RECIPE
4 large potatoes
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1 leek, thinly sliced
50g tikka masala paste
1 tsp garam masala
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 x 420g tin chickpeas, drained
Zest of 1 lime
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup chopped coriander
½ cup Greek yoghurt, to serve
Extra coriander, to garnish
Lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and prick with a fork. Season with salt, place on to a baking tray and into the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserts easily.
- In a heavy-based pot heat the coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and leek, cooking for 8 minutes or until softened. Stir through the masala paste and garam masala for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add the chickpeas and lime continuing to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir through the coriander.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Split open and spoon over the chickpeas. Dollop with some yoghurt and extra coriander leaves, serve with a lime wedge on the side